University of Thessaly
Civil Engineering Dept.
of Naples Federico II
Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering Dept.
International Conference EWaS5
Prof. V. Kanakoudis (EWaS Conference Series founder)
Prof. M. Giugni (EWaS5 Conference host)
The University of Thessaly, Civil Engineering Department and the University of Naples Federico II, Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering Department are glad to announce the pre-release of the 5th EWaS (Efficient Water Systems) International Conference on "Water Security and Safety Management: emerging threats or new challenges? Moving from Therapy and Restoration to Prognosis and Prevention", taking place in Naples, Italy,from 12th to 15th July, 2022.
- Water security and safety fostering water resilience (e.g.: raw water treatment)
- Sustainable water management in circular economy
- Water - Energy - Food Nexus
- Internet of Things (IoT) solutions aiding water management
- Innovative methods for urban water cycle management (e.g.: smart/mega cities; hydro-energy recovery in water systems)
- Wastewater treatment and water resource recovery facilities
- Non-conventional water resources (e.g.: desalination, rainwater harvesting, yellow water)
- Experimental and computational methods in hydraulic engineering
- Riverine and coastal engineering
- Hydrological response to Climate Change
- Environmental crisis and hazards (e.g.: drought scenarios, Nature Based Solutions NBSs for climate resilience systems)
- Groundwater modelling
The Organizing Committee is glad to announce that Prof. Z. Kapelan (TU Delft), Prof. D. Savic (KWR Water Research Institute) and Prof. J.J. Sansalone (University of Florida) will give keynote speeches during the Conference.
Further keynote speakers will be announced soon
Proceedings and Special Issues
A USB stick with the full papers will be distributed at the Conference. All
papers (after at least a 70% revision of the version presented at the
conference) will be eligible for publication in special issues of SCI Journals
with an Impact Factor, following a standard peer-review process. The Scientific
Committee will select the best three contributions for the paper awards. The titles
of the journals will be announced in due time.
- Abstract Submission Deadline: January 10th, 2022
- Notification of Abstract Acceptance: January 25th, 2022
- Full Paper Submission: March 18th, 2022